Soltex chemical products used in agriculture include Alkylate Fluids, Synthetic and Non-Synthetic Basestock and Polybutene.
Use of Soltex products in agriculture applications are advantageous because:
- Specialty alkylates for sulfonation assist by increasing efficacy of fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides
- Light polybutene serves as a carrier for insecticides/pesticides; tackiness provides increased effectiveness of the active ingredient
- Heavy polybutene grades along with waxes, resins or rubbers are formulated to create pest entrapment products used to capture and control the insect and rodent population
- These synthetic base oils are the bases for dust suppressants and anti-caking agents and improve dry blend fertilizers and other powdered products
- Agricultural chemicals that encapsulate pheromones control insects on specific crops